Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition Schedule for the 2016-2017 School Year
|Toddler Option 1 (2 days)|| $5,400|
|Toddler Option 2 (3 days)|| $7,900|
|Toddler Option 3 (5 days)||$12,900|
Buckley tuition includes:
- day trips
- use of school technology, such as laptop computers and iPads
- athletic uniforms and equipment
- textbooks and yearbook
- 5th-8th grade overnight Leadership Orientation Trips
- secondary school placement and graduation costs
Tuition does not include:
- instruction in band, percussion, or strings
- 7th and 8th grade end-of-year overnight trips
A non-refundable deposit of $2,000 toward students' tuition is required with signed contracts in order to ensure space for the coming year. The school offers two options for payment of the remaining tuition balance.
Option A: Payment to satisfy 70% of total tuition on or before August 15th of the enrollment year with payment to satisfy the 30% balance on or before December 15th of that same year.
Option B: Payment on a monthly basis administered through FACTS Management Company.
Buckley offers financial aid based on demonstrated need beginning in Nursery. Requests for assistance do not affect admissions decisions or a current student's place in the school community. All financial information is held in the strictest confidence.
Buckley uses School and Student Services (SSS), provided by the National Association of Independent Schools, to process financial aid applications and help determine need. Based on the financial information you submit, SSS will report to us an estimated amount your family can contribute towards tuition. This helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. SSS applications for the 2016-2017 school year will be available beginning November, 2015.
- February 12, 2016 – complete SSS application online.
- March 4, 2016 – submit backup documents (see below). All information will be handled with the utmost level of security.
- After these deadline dates, financial aid applications will be considered only if there are funds available.
- Go to sssbynais.org/parents
- Click on the prompt to begin your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS). You only have to complete one PFS even if you have more than one child applying to our school. The Buckley school code is 1942.
- You will be given a password to allow you to return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it.
- Submit these backup documents:
- a copy of your completed and signed 2015 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (1040)
- all 1040 schedules and W-2 statements
- a Business and Farm Statement, if you own your own business.
5. Choose one of these submission methods for your backup documents:
- upload online to the SSS website
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- send hard copy to: Colleen Fortuna, Admissions and Financial Aid Office, Buckley Country Day School, 2 I.U. Willets Road, Roslyn, NY 11576.
For assistance or questions, call SSS at (800) 344-8328 (Mon-Fri: 9am-8pm EST. Sat: 9am-4pm EST) or the Buckley Admissions and Financial Aid office (Mon-Fri: 8 am-4 pm) at 516-627-1910.